Restarting after a Burnout in 2023 till now: 5 ways to restart with Faith in 2025
Faith and Consistency: Two Words I’m Learning to Live By
Let me be honest, consistency hasn't always been my strong suit in the past
I have always been the social butterfly the girl who could light up a room, spark a conversation, and sell you on an idea before you finished your drink. I loved the thrill of business; the hustle, the creativity, the chase of turning ideas into income. But I quickly learned that loving business isn’t enough. Life, business, and even faith demand one thing: consistency.
In my last blog post, I shared how being thankful to God helps reduce anxiety and gives you a new view during a sad/ depressed phase. You can read it more here if you are going through something like this
Today, I want to go deeper, not into the highlight reel but into the trenches of burnout using myself as a reference point. The quiet cries, the broken bank accounts, the betrayals from yourself and others. The uncomfortable pivot needed to rewire your mind
Then we move into the strength needed to get out of that funk — the kind that only rises when religion becomes your first relationship and your second relationship comes from people who love you , your real community. When faith and love is all you have, and still… somehow… It’s enough for now.
1. Faith Gave Me Identity When I Lost My Way
| omoniile Interior |
I remember launching Omoniile Property, my first real estate business, after three solid years of working in Lagos real estate. I was good at what I did. Confident. Driven. And the money? When it came, it came well. But when it didn’t… silence. The kind of silence that messes with your confidence and your head.
So I did what I’ve always done when things get hard — I strategized and pivoted into something I loved: furniture and interior design. I started part-time with a furniture company. Then I put together a social media strategy based on the skills learned and set up omoniile interior. I reached out to a well-known influencer and agents, and like butter, soon, I landed my first big break — a full kitchen renovation in Banana Island, Ikoyi.
That one job opened doors. Suddenly, I was designing for clients in Ikeja, Sangotedo, and across Lagos. It felt like I was finally finding my rhythm.
Until I wasn’t.
I got duped badly, which lead to even more betrayals and reactions I could never expect that which shook me to my core. I tried to recover, hell, I kept the business going for another six months in struggling in so much debt I incurred because of this mistake.
I tried to hang on longer than that, living in a distorted reality, of getting small repair work and trying to keep the business going, I created this, why should I leave it but truthfully, I was drowning. Spiritually. Mentally. Financially.
That was when faith had to step in — not the version I grew we grew up with our parents, but the raw, real kind. The kind you build when everything else crumbles.
Every morning, I would look in the mirror and speak to myself:
“Who are you, Mfon? You are a Child of God. You are not a thief, a liar, or a prostitute. You earn in various currencies. You develop, create, and build. You built 3 businesses and sold your value in skill before; it will happen again.”
That affirmation was a daily act of war against doubt, shame, and fear to opt into an easier lifestyle that will destroy me even more i.e, addiction. And little by little, with every proclamation, I began to believe in myself again.
2. Faith Helped Me Embrace Humility
Eventually, I had to return to a 9–5. After years of paying other people’s salaries and managing my own schedule, I found myself reporting to someone else again as an Assistant Manager in a real estate firm.
It was humbling. Uncomfortable. But necessary.
That role led to another: Business Manager at an international facility management company. And then, an opportunity to work for a UK-based edtech company. Doors I never planned for — but doors that opened because I stopped idolizing independence and started embracing God’s direction.
Faith didn’t just restore me — it repositioned me.
3. Faith Guided My Re-Skilling Journey
Even with new jobs and titles, I knew I needed more. More tools. More strategy. More skill. So I enrolled in a digital marketing course. Then business development.
I wasn’t just upgrading my CV. I was preparing for something bigger — even when I didn’t have the full picture yet. Faith reminded me that preparation is never a waste. That when you move with purpose, the resources will follow.
And they did.
4. Faith Opened Doors in Consultancy
With time, I began consulting for entrepreneurs — helping them build structure, digital presence, and marketing strategy. Clients/ agents started reaching out. Results started showing.
It wasn’t a loud arrival. No fireworks. No “I’ve made it” moment.
But it was steady. Honest. God-ordained. Just to state , I have not even made it , not even in the least , but I can say im not in a panic mode I was 3 years ago , or carry the anger I once did
I started seeing how my pain had shaped my wisdom. Every business I lost was teaching me how to build smarter, how faith had kept me grounded when everything else tried to shake me loose.
5. Faith Turned My Voice Into Books
Then came the writing. The urge to document, express, and free others through story.
I’ve written two books:
-
Divorced in Lagos – a raw, relatable story that explores love, heartbreak, and self-discovery in modern Lagos.
-
Divorced in Lagos 2– The Trans-arrangement
Divorced in Lagos 3 – the final chapter of the trilogy
And now, I’m working on:
-
North in Love – a refreshing story about healing, identity, and rediscovering love after loss. Check it out on Amazon
Writing has become more than a passion — it’s a ministry. A way to reach women who feel stuck, unheard, unseen. To remind them that God is not done with them yet.
But My Story Isn’t Done
Everything I’ve written here? It’s still just the beginning.
I’m no longer just chasing success — I’m chasing impact.
My dream is clear now: to become a motivational speaker-Spreading Hope and Value into the world, a content creator, and a multi-published author who travels the world with my family, sharing truth, faith, and fire.
To free myself and others from the shackles of 9–5 life and bosses who never saw my worth. To build a life where I answer to God and my loved ones. Establishing myself and my brand @omoniileinterior, who recently took on 2 home projects this year, 2025
I don’t want to live my life in survival mode anymore. I want to wake up every day in purpose mode, build with intention, speak with boldness, and write with freedom.
This write-up is for the woman who still cries in the bathroom at work, wondering if this is all her life will be. If you don't like this, change it using what you have already.
If You’re In a Season of Starting Over
Please hear me:
Your faith is not wasted.
Your restart is not a failure.
And your story? It’s far from over.
Stay rooted in truth. Keep showing up, even if it’s just with tears and prayers. God sees. He knows. He’s building something in you that no job title, no betrayal, and no bank balance can define.
If there is anything I will leave you with it's this, Prayer is a way of letting God (or the universe for those who don't believe in religion ) but putting out your intentions to God, who is the author and finisher of your faith, will direct you, and your convictions will become stronger with time
π Want to Read More of My Work?
-
Divorced in Lagos (Book 1): Buy Now on Amazon
-
Divorced in Lagos 3: Final trilogy installment (Coming Soon)
-
North in Love: Pre-order / View on Amazon
Divorced in Lagos (Book 1): Buy Now on Amazon
Divorced in Lagos 3: Final trilogy installment (Coming Soon)
North in Love: Pre-order / View on Amazon
.jpg)


Comments
Post a Comment