5 ways to Overcome Anxiety and Re-align Your Goals

 

Hello, Dear Diary Readers,

As I sit down to write, I realize that these words are raw, unfiltered, and deeply personal. 

Last month was a testament to grace and perseverance. The first quarter of the year? Bittersweet. I worked tirelessly to increase my income—and I succeeded—but that came at the cost of sleep and a need to realign my already packed schedule. One of my projects also faced challenges, prompting me to reassess how I respond to obstacles.

It's intriguing how much I had to write about last month: theft, women in power, church matters… But today, I want to focus on something simpler and more profound: thankfulness and peace.

When I speak of "thankfulness," I mean a deep, rooted contentment and when I mention "peace," I refer to that stillness found amidst chaos. These two elements go hand in hand , learning to remain calm even when everything around you feels turbulent. 

So guess what guys …. your girl has figured it out and mastered the way to remain calm and positive during issues and I have to share , so lets get into it 


💮5 Ways to Calm Your Mind and Realign Your Goals

  1. Practice Daily Gratitude
    Begin each day by listing three things you're grateful for. This simple habit shifts your focus from what's lacking to what's abundant in your life, also say I love myself , God loves me ,I am strong enough

  2. Engage in Mindful Breathing
    When anxiety strikes, pause and take deep breaths. Inhale for four seconds, hold for seven, and exhale for eight. This technique calms me down all the time,  and also try talking a walk early in the morning from 5:30am -6:30am the clear air and walk will calm the nerves for the day and brings clarity.

  3. Set Clear Intentions
    Regularly revisit your goals. Write them down, visualize achieving them, and adjust as necessary. This keeps you aligned with your true purpose. Just like the bible says , make a plan and write it on the table, we should also do the same. Getting from Lagos to Akwaibom is the goal, I can use various ways to get there but the goal is to get to my home town in Akwaibom .

  4. Establish Boundaries
    Learn to say no to distractions and energy-draining activities. Protecting your time is essential for maintaining focus and peace. Also do not underestimate the power of sleep, a good 7 hours rest can do wonders for a roaming mind . This technology age glorifies mental health and wellness which I believe most Nigerians have not yet caught up with yet,  but for me it has.  Work is no more my whole life , Work is just what it is Work , an aspect of my life.  Something I forgot in my early and mid 20's , so go ahead and apply as needed to areas of your life.

  5. Connect Spiritually
    For me, prayer and scripture bring tranquility. Reflecting on verses like Psalm 46:10 reminds me to be still and trust in a higher plan. Look at religion as a glove , which is made out of the shape of a hand . The hand is God and we are the gloves made out of his shape , until we connect and he is within us , then our inner nature and peace is achieved , and lets be clear monetary success in life doesn't = peace . Peace is Peace full stop.


💛 Living in the Blessings You Once Prayed For

I'm now experiencing the very goals I set back in December. While I won't list them all here, Naija has taught me to be cautious with that, lol I am deeply thankful.

My partner has also been blessed. Recently, he acquired an incredible setup, and I remarked, "Baby, this is exactly what you prayed for." He smiled and responded, "See how God works?"

So today, I want to express my gratitude and will also like you to list with me 10 things your are grateful for with me : Start with 

  • Thankful for daily progress, even when it feels slow.

  • Thankful for the curious eyes observing my journey—it signifies I'm on the right path.

  • Thankful to God, for his unwavering love and guidance.

  • Thankful for a partner who stands by me.

  • Thankful for the community I prayed for last year—the one I now have because I chose to show up.

  • Thankful for the support surrounding my book and writing endeavors.

  • Thankful to my father, Obongowo, my confidant.

  • Thankful to my mother, who recently caused my heart to race but is now doing well.

  • Thankful to my readers, and growing online community who are reading this article at this moment.                                                                                                                                                Its funny that , I am writing this while my line manager gives me side-eyes for logging in late , but I'm genuinely content. Why? Because I'm living the blessings I once prayed for.


✨ Final Thoughts

Chasing dreams is exhausting but it's all about perspective. You can allow your circumstances to overwhelm you, or you can step back, zoom out, and recognize that what feels heavy now is just a small part of the bigger picture. The privilege is yours because you're blessed to be living it.

So today, I encourage you to pause.

📖 “Be still, and know that I am God.” —Psalm 46:10

🙏 If you're feeling drained or uncertain, list 10 things you're thankful for and pray like I did before. You don't need to understand everything now. But know this: He is your compass, shelter, and safe place. You will understand later but just trust in him and he will make a way for him.

📖 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” —Psalm 32:8

He desires you to rely on Him. When you align with that truth, issues becomes transformative.

Before you embark on your day, ask God to lead—not you. Trust me , take a step back and say " God take control of my life and day  , Speak through me, I have no power of my own . Then let the spirit lead you. 

Sometimes, to be a great leader, you must be willing to submit. (Well, not in Nigeria sha—allegedly oo 😂)

Thank you for reading as always.


Divorced in Lagos Part 2 is out now! Let me know your thoughts.

With love,


Mfon 💛











Comments