4 Life-Changing Books for Self-Growth & Mental Transformation (How They Rewired My Mind)"

Self-improvement book stack

Books have been my silent mentors, my escape, and my roadmap to growth. This year, I committed to 12 books , one for each month and all reading with purpose—not just to consume words, but to apply lessons and push beyond my comfort zone.

In past articles, I’ve shared my fitness and faith journeys. Today, I want to focus on something equally powerful: how books reshaped my thinking, fueled my writing, and even steered me toward my goal of becoming a Content creator and Data scientist.

Here are the books that changed everything—and how they’re helping me build the future I want.


Books for mental growth"
 The Books That Rewired My Mind In 2025

January : Maximize the Moment by T.D. Jakes

Key Impact: Time is non-refundable—spend it wisely.
This book shattered my procrastination habits. Instead of waiting for "someday," I started writing articles to my blog your reading for and my book now selling here on Amaon, Divorced in Lagos (available here). Jakes’ lesson? "Small daily actions compound."

Febuary : How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield

Key Impact: "Future Me" decision-making.
I began asking: What would the version of me who’s already a data scientist do? The answer: Learn daily, even when it’s hard. This mindset pushed me to enroll in courses, practice coding, and embrace the grind.

March : The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy

Key Impact: Everything is selling—including yourself.
Whether pitching ideas or networking, Tracy’s principles taught me to focus on value, not just words. This shifted how I approach opportunities (and even how I crafted my novel’s marketing).

April : How They Started Global Brands (Edited by David Lester)

Key Impact: Solve a problem, and the world pays attention.
Dr. Ayeye (CEO of International Facilities Services) often says this, and the book proved it. Every revolutionary company began by filling a gap. For me? That gap was Personal Development and rehabilitation through storytelling, —Personal Growth is a big market why because of Nigeria's high population and low earning rate , I want my life to be a testament that you can make it in Nigeria if you need too .



How Reading Fueled My Content Journey

I’ve said it often: I’m becoming a Content creator/ data scientist . Not "hoping to," not "maybe someday"—I’m doing it. Books taught me that declarations demand action.

This year, I’ve:

  • Enrolled in courses (Excel and Web coding ).

  • Networked with professionals (thanks to Tracy’s sales psychology).

By the end of this year, I’ll revisit this article—certification in hand. No "fingers crossed." Just relentless effort.

For Aspiring Writers: My Novel’s Journey

Divorced in Lagos was just the start. Parts 2 and 3 are coming! I’d hoped to drop both by month’s end, but if not, Part 2 will arrive. Writing, like coding &content requires discipline—another lesson from books.

πŸ“Œ Grab Part 1 here: Amazon Link.


4. Push Past Discomfort for Job Seekers

Growth happens outside comfort zones. Whether it’s:

  • Learning a new skill (like data science),

  • Writing a book series,

  • Or simply applying for a job, don't just send 1 , send 50-100 daily , greater chances and better odds =better opportunities.

Active learning + consistency = transformation.

To everyone grinding toward a goal: Keep going. The discomfort is temporary. The growth? Permanent. I wrote about this extensively in my last entry you can check it out here : https://thrivingwithmfon.blogspot.com/2025/03/winning-and-still-anxious-hidden-side.html


How reading transforms your mind"



Subscribe to my blog for updates on my content and data science journey, book releases, and more. And if you’ve read Divorced in Lagos, thank you! Part 2 is coming soon.

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” — Zig Ziglar



Comments