My Morning Three : How 4 Months of Small Habits Changed My Life.




Today, February 18th, I am very excited, why you ask? Because we’re already two months into 2025, and in my book, I’ve accomplished a lot.

-I’m 10 kg down.
-I have a great job that gives me access to cutting-edge technology and a global audience.
-I closed my first deal, about to close another, and I wrote a book called Divorced in  Lagos.

Crazy, right? And that’s not even the best part.

When I started this job last year, I was terrified. It was in tech, and I remember telling my family and colleagues that I wasn’t as equipped as the others. Imposter syndrome was screaming in my head majorly last year, telling me what I was doing here. But here I am, two months in, proving to myself that I belong.

But let’s talk about something deeper, something that’s truly transformed me.

Choosing Peace Over Confrontation

I have been told I have anger issues and in the past, my way of handling confrontation with people:I saw as dumb, crazy, and outright stupid made me very angry . It wasn’t just because of their words/actions—it was their entitlement mentality, lack of responsibility, and refusal to not do the required work and simply argue their way out of situations.

Now, let me be clear—I am not a saint. I have made huge mistakes in life. But I take accountability, apologize, and find ways to do better. What used to send me into a full-blown rage was dealing with people who refused to do the same but claim useless excuses using gender , age or status. They argue, deflect, and never own up to their faults, and I used to meet that energy with equal or greater force, leading to bigger issues, higher bp or simply wasting my precious time.

But this year? I decided to choose peace.


A few weeks ago, someone tried to provoke me. They were shouting, hollering, trying to get a reaction out of me. But instead of engaging, I simply shut my door and prayed for peace, restraint, and wisdom. And guess what? It worked. I didn’t lose my cool, and I was exceptionally productive that day. Another instance same situation but at a different location, this was at my security gate, and I also walked away from that.

Since then, I’ve handled multiple situations by simply walking away. And I have realized that my restraint is power.

Why?

  • Because I genuinely don’t care what they think.
  • Because my time and energy are too valuable to waste on negativity.
  • Because I have so much going on I see the wisdom in not reacting.

In the past, I would replay every insult, analyzing every word. Now? I move on. Because at the end of the day, I have one life, and I refuse to let other people’s opinions drain me or control my responses that are reserved for only me.

My Morning Three: Read, Pray, Workout

This shift in mindset didn’t happen overnight. It came from small, consistent habits. And that’s what today’s blog is really about—my morning three:

  1. Reading – Feeding my mind with positivity, sales books, and a little romance to keep things fun.
  2. Prayer – Centering my spirit, because life is unpredictable, and I need external strength.
  3. Workout – Keeping my body strong, my mind sharp, and my energy high.

I’ve been consistent with these three for the past four months, and the results? Exceptional.

The Bible says:

"Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble." – Job 14:1


Let’s be real adulting is hard. If you don’t have faith or some sort of grounding practice, navigating life can feel like drowning. For me, my morning run helps me plan my day, prayer keeps me anchored, and reading sharpens my mindset.

Now, do I do all three every single day? Nope. Some mornings, I don’t read or work out, or even do a full prayer session. But I find variations:

  • If I can’t do Bible study, I say a quick prayer and affirmations.
  • If I can’t work out, I take the stairs or do yoga.
  • If I can’t read, I listen to a podcast.

These small shifts keep me from falling off track for too long. At this point, my body loves feeling lighter, happier, and motivated.

Building My Future, One Step at a Time

At the start of the year, my goal was multiple streams of income. I started writing as an outlet. One month after posting on LinkedIn, I wrote a book. Now, I’m posting on my blog. The next step? My website and consistency in everything I do.

My honest advice to anyone needing change or growth is simply rechanneling your energy into your goals is the best remedy for complacency. I started by realizing in October 2024 that I have one life and I didn't like what I saw and I knew this wasn't me, this isn't the Mfon I knew or liked .

 Every day since then I intentionally did things that the Mfon, I wanted to become would do and even though she is not fully constructed she is slowly taking shape right now and this blog is here to document the journey. 

It’s amazing what just four months of praying, working out, and reading have done for me from losing weigh to growing my community. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the year 2025 unfolds.

Stay tuned. 


Imges of my Weight Loss

Mfon 2024



Mfon 2025


Divorced in Lagos, coming soon on Amazon Kindle



 




Comments